Misunderestimated

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Columbia Biz School describes America as a middle finger

Man, we can't avoid controversy even at a simple thing like commencement.

Full Story

Short version: Indra Nooyi, president of PepsiCo, in addressing CBS '05, compared America to the middle finger of the world and urged us to move in unison with the rest of the world.

My response? Good analogy. I like it. That's the way it's going to remain, if I have any say over it.

Besides, Pepsi sucks (apologies to Steve).

4 Comments:

  • Yup, who cares about what the world thinks or does? We should just keep doing what we want to it because we can.

    Oh yes, we'll go places with that sort of attitude.

    For the record, I can't tell the difference between Pepsi and Cola. Any hints?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:50 PM  

  • I'm definitely buying coke from now on. Thanks for the heads up. :)

    By Blogger Dennis, at 1:58 AM  

  • Respect for cultural norms is one thing. Deferring to other countries wishes is quite another. I am quite unabashed that American interests come first and all others second when it comes to our foreign policy.

    Pepsi's sweeter, noticeably so, and the cola flavor's weaker, in my opinion. Never liked the stuff.

    By Blogger Mark, at 7:02 PM  

  • We don't have to defer to other countries- we just have to work with them. We're co-workers; neither us nor another country should be the boss when it comes to something that impacts the world.

    Thanks for the tip- I might just take notice next time I do the Pepsi/cola thing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home